Red welt like itchy marks on arms and armpit, little cough.Healing with aloe vera. Is it fine?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My daughter woke up with red welt like marks on her upper arm, about two inches below th
e armpit. She says it does itch but hurts only when you touch it ...i put aloe vera on it and its getting lighter so I believe its healing.she also has a little cough..but not severe
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 20 minutes later
Hi,welcome to HCM!
This looks more like some allergy.
Some anti histamine like benadryl may help.
Wait and watch for 48 hrs.
Aloe Vera may act as a soothening agent.
Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma
Follow-up: Red welt like itchy marks on arms and armpit, little cough.Healing with aloe vera. Is it fine? 1 hour later
Im sorry I XXXXXXX to say it does Not itch..only hurts when its wondering if it could be a bacteria infection..cellulittus or erysipelas..she has had mrsa and cellulitus before..her face breaks out on her cheeks and bridge of and on
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 8 hours later
Oh,if it is non itchy it is unlikely to be allergic.
Cellulitis or bacterial infection will have redness, induration( hard area underneath),etc.
You may be aware because she had it earlier.
However with this history,show her to a pediatrician or dermatologist for evaluation.
Good luck
Dr Uma