Ask a Urologist   »  

Red to purple spots on penis head, had sex. Popped blood vessels?

Question
hi there I noticed to reddish to purple spots on the head of my penis. I was wondering if they could be bruises or popped blood vessels I had sex lastnight but they showed up today and they dont hurt and arent raised or anything. If they are popped blood vessels what is the best treatment for them to go away quickly. thank you very much
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Mitaly 19 minutes later

Reddish,purple spots on the penis head that are painless and non itchy can be Fordyce's spots and these are abnormally dilated blood vessels.

The cause is usually unknown and they arise by them selves.

They are non infectious,subside on their own after sometime and do not require any treatment.

If they are associated with any pain,itching,discharge then other conditions as warts,ulcers,skin conditions can be thought of.

If there is development of any other symptom then consider visiting your Primary Physician for physical examination and evaluation.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.