Red tint in urine, abdominal pain, taking Relafen and Zoloft. Will stopping medication stop blood in urine?

Hi, there is a red tint in my urine. I'm also having pain in my lower abdomen (left side). I have been taking Relafen (muscle relaxer) for two weeks. I am aware that Relafen with Zoloft (which I'm also taking) can increase the risk of bleeding. I starting noticing this yesterday and have stopped the medications. If the medications are the cause, should stopping them theoretically stop the blood in the urine on its own?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Rajiv goel 8 hours later

Yes, the medications can cause blood in the urine.

However, your symptoms of pain lower abdomen alongwith blood in urine warrants further investigation. A few other renal condition needs to be ruled out here. You need to be investigated further with at least urinalysis and ultrasound examination.

I encourage you to consult an urologist at the earliest. You should undergo the above mentioned tests even if the bleeding in urine stops.

I will be able to comment more about the problem after we have the results of the reports suggested.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any other concerns.