Red tag hanging, bleeding, yellow discharge

General Surgeon
my youngest son 46 yrs just called told me he has a red tag hanging and bleeding with a yellow dranage
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rajinder Bajoria 22 hours later
Thanks for nice query.
In a known case of constipation with history of fissure in ano treated already with laxatives miralax.

Hanging red tag can be due to hemorrhoids or prolapse of some rectal mucosa that do occur in patient of known constipation .

Bleeding from hemorrhoids is well known to occur ,some time painless bleeding per rectum is the only symptoms that do occur.

Yellow colour discharge do occur ,if there is some small wound or ulceration in the part or over the hanging tag ,so transudate can produce yellow discharge .

Patient should avoid constipation by taking laxatives ,start sit`z bath regularly.

Though chances are quite less one must rule out any mass or ulceration of malignant nature by proctoscopy or sigmoidoscopy .Ever per rectum examination can feel the hard mass of doubtful nature.

Detailed personal history and investigation can through more light & help in early treatment.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”