Red streaks on hands. What could be the reason?

I have just started getting red streaks on my hands and was wondering what causes this
Posted Thu, 7 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. J Kingson John David 20 hours later
Brief Answer:
It can be due to Infection or can be allergy

Detailed Answer:
Hello friend ..
Welcome to Health Care Magic ..

I am Dr.Kingson , I will help you to know the cause for Red streak in hand .
There is nothing to be alarmed on seeing red streak , Usually when an infection occurs in body it shows signs of infection by redness , local rise in temperature in particular site or can manifest as fever ..
Similarly Red streak in your hand is probably due to Infection which can be treated with Antibiotics or NSAIDs to minimize the symptom of redness.

Another probable cause is allergic symptom which can be due to small insect bites or due to contact with infected clothes or materials.

I suggest you to Wash hand with warm water mixed with antiseptic lotion.

It can also be splinter hemorrhages, if it is occurring as small red streaks.

I hope this information will help you .
Wishing you a Good Health .
Thanks & Take Care .