Red spots on waistline and on pubic region, pubic hair flaking like dry skin, sore throat

Hi I have red spots at my waistline and now some I'm my pubic hair. At the base of the Pubic hair is flaking like dry skin. Also have a sore throat any ideas.
Posted Fri, 7 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

The flaky lesions in the pubis and the red spots could probably be a fungal infection and the sites involved are typical.It could be due to Tinea cruris.

Do apply MICANAZOLE ointment twice daily over the affected areas this will end the problem in not more than a week.

The sore throat could be due to viral of bacterial infection , not related to the lesions in the groin and the pubis.I suggest you to gargle with antiseptic solution like CHLORHEXIDINE twice daily after food.This will reduce the infection and prevent any progression.You may need antibiotics for the same,if worsening.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.