Red spots on upper chest, arm and elbow folds. Putting benadryl. Should I be concerned?

Dermatologist
Question
red spots on upperchest and neck redness32 male. started about 2 weeks ago when it started getting very hot outside. some spots on inside of my left arm too where my elbow folds (elbow pit?)

red spots on upper chest, both sides, and redness on neck. does not itch or anything, just discoloration. i started putting benydrel, will see if it helps.

should i be overly concerened? does heat rash normally last 2 weeks?

thanks!
Posted Tue, 31 Jul 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.

From your history and description it looks very much like a heat rash called miliaria. It may sometimes last for 2 weeks. You will need to put some calamine lotion on the area . Application of benadryl may or may not help much .

You shouldn't be concerned as of now. However if it does not resolve in 3 weeks and you get any oozing or crusting over the area with fever , please do see a dermatologist so they can rule out other conditions or erythemas.
Let me know if I can address any more concerns
Thanks and take care