Red spots on face, off and on fever. What?

Question
My 3 year old grandson has developed red spots starting on his face and now all over his trunk. He had been running fever off and on for the last few days. He seems fine now. He is acting his usual rambuctious self. Any Ideas?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 16 minutes later

Thank you for posting your question here.

The most likely diagnosis here is Chicken Pox.

I am glad to hear that he's picking up again.

Keep an eye on him and if there is anything else you need to know please revert.

Follow-up: Red spots on face, off and on fever. What? 4 hours later
WE BROUGHT HIM TO AN URGENT CARE THERE DIAGNOIS ALLERIGC REACTION
BENDRYL AND OATMEAL BATHS

WE HAVE NOT CHANGED ANY LAUNDRY SOAP, ETC.
HE IS STILL RUNING A FEVER ON AND OFF IM STILL QUESTION IT I THINK IT IS ROSEOLILO MEASEALS ???

Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 22 hours later
You may well be right. Chicken pox are spots -- some crusty, some fresh, spots of differing stages. Measles, of whatever type, is a confluent red rash and not spotty at all. Either way he should be fine in a day or two. Good luck!