Red spots on eyelids, fungal infection

I have had these red spots on both of my eyelids for at least six months now. They never itch or hurt, never any puss or leaking and they never get any bigger, they just seem to dry over and peel about once every couple of days but never go away. They seem to fade once in a while but never completely go away. I read that it could be a fungal infection from to much yeast so I stopped eating bread of any kind for a week and a half but no change.

There is one circular red spot under my right eyebrow and a bunch of red spots (like a cheetah pattern) under my left eye. I have also noticed some red spots starting recently on both sides of my face under the eyes, they also do not itch or hurt. Are they related? I read that baby shampoo may work if it was a fungal infection but I tried it a couple of times with no results at all. No fever or any other symptoms are present. My diet is very good, non smoker, non drinker and I work out five times a week and drink plenty of water.

So what can this be? Also, would applying neosporin help?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later

This rash could be anything ranging from porokeratosis to psoriasis. It is very early for me to label it as of now. I need to have a look at the lesions before commenting further.

You may attach a picture of the lesions using the “Upload your reports” section on the right hand side of the query page or send it YYYY@YYYY with sub Attn: Dr Gaurang Krishna.

I will have a look at the lesions and then follow up with you.

It is unlikely that neosporin will help as I do not think that this is a bacterial infection. Bacterial infections do not persist for so long,

Awaiting your response
Follow-up: Red spots on eyelids, fungal infection 2 days later

I have uploaded the picture.

Waiting for the opinion.

Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 45 hours later
Thanks for getting back.

This looks like a chronic dermatitis process to me.

I would suggest that you get yourself examined by a dermatologist as a complete examination is important.

Your doctor may also consider getting one of the lesions biopsied to confirm the diagnosis.

Do not apply anything other than moisturizing creams on the spots before consulting a dermatologist personally.