Red spots on cheeks and forehead, look like little bumps.

Woke up with red spots on my face cheeks and fore head they are like little red bumps
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 33 minutes later

Thank you for the Query.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:

1.) Do you have itching over those red spots?
2.) Do you have a History of Allergies?
3.) Are you fair skinned?
4.) Do you have Eye irritation?

Your History suggests you have a Rosacea, but it has to be confirmed. Kindly get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that he/she may examine you thoroughly and rule out other possible diagnoses.

Once confirmed, the treatment is usually symptomatic which involves Topical or oral antibiotics, your treating will know better.

In addition to medications, follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) You may want to avoid extremes of temperature, such as very hot and very cold environments.
2.) Avoid smoking and alcohol.
3.) Avoid stress, practice relaxation techniques like yoga and meditation.
4.) Avoid hot beverages, spicy foods.
5.) Drink plenty of water.
6.) Use a sunscreen lotion with a SPF of 15 when you go out in the sun only after discussing it with your Doctor.
7.) Avoid sun exposure between 10am and 4pm.
8.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your Query, I will be available to answer your follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Follow-up: Red spots on cheeks and forehead, look like little bumps. 24 minutes later
I do all those things, I have olive skin I hate the sun I drink loads of water I use creams on my skin at the moment it's almond oil cause it's been dry I went to bed looking ok and woke up with these. Could it be a hey fever reaction I've only started getting it this year and only at night it's very strange lol
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 22 minutes later

Thank you for writing back to me.

It is not the hay fever reaction. You say you apply creams to on your skin and these red spots could be a reaction to these creams which is called Contact Dermatitis.

The treatment consists of identifying the offending agent and if you can avoid it, the rash usually resolves in two to four weeks. Self-care measures, such as wet compresses and anti itch creams like Eucerin Itch-Relief Moisturizing Spray which is available over the counter, can help soothe your skin and reduce inflammation and the Rash which you have currently.

Get yourself examined by a Dermatologist so that proper medications could be prescribed to you after finding out the offending agent.

Good Luck.

Take Care.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.