Red spot on lower lip, no pain or scaling. Reason?

I went golfing yesterday at 1:30. When I got home 5 hours later, a red spot had appeared along the bottom border of my lower lip about halfway in between the middle of the lip and the corner of the mouth. The spot is flat -- has not texture -- and doesn't hurt. It isn't dry or scaly. There is no symptom other than the spot itself that appeared suddenly. Its size is maybe 1/4 of a small pencil eraser??? maybe smaller
Posted Sat, 6 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Hello dear,
Thanks for the query and the photograph

Red spot at the corner of lips can be due to many reasons like
1. Herpes
2. sun burn
3. Vitamin deficiency, although uncommon.

I would like to know if you had any tingling sensation in that area before the appearance of lesion.

I am sorry to say, the photograph you sent is not that clear, please send another photo if possible.

For now to get immediate relief, please apply hydrocortisone gel twice daily.
This is available over the counter.

Waiting for your response.

Thank you