Red, sore swollen clit. Suggest remedy

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Apr 2013
Apr 2013

General Surgeon
Question
My clit is really red and swollen and sore what is it
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 43 minutes later
Hi and welcome to XXXXXXX Thank you fo your querry.
In most cases this is caused by irritation during masturbation or intercourse. It can result from some allergic reactions caused by clothes, condoms, shampoo etc.
If I am right swelling will go down in a few days and you dont need to be concerned. If you experiece pain, fever or have vaginal discharge there is also a possiblity of infection: STD, bacterial or more common yeast infection.
If you had intercourse in last 2-3 weeks you should visit your gyn to rule out those infectious diseases. If not, just dont masturbate next 5 -7 days, dont wear syntetic clothes and clean your genital area 3x per day with warm water , neutral soaps and dry it well.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help"