Red sore rash in groin, used a foot cream. Now itchy rash on ball sac. How to get rid of it ?

for a few days now i'v had ared rash in my groin which was very sore i have been sweating alot i used alhletes foot cream which seems to be working i now have the rash on my ball sack it is very itchy but not sore what should i use to get rid of it
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
From your description it seems that you have a fungal infection in the area due to excessive sweating.
The preferred treatment for it will be an antifungal cream such as Cotrimazole. Please see a Dermatologist for complete examination and get treated accordingly.

Sometimes application of one topical antifungal is not sufficient and a combination of two and more antifungals are needed until the itch disappears.
One has to continue application for 2 weeks after the itch disappears.
You can also use clotrimazole powder in the area for relief.
It is also helpful to:
* Avoid overexertion, heat, and excessive sweating.
* Avoid scratching, which will only aggravate the problem.
* Delay sexual activity until your symptoms get better, or use a lubricant during intercourse.
* Use condoms to avoid catching any sexually transmitted diseases.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.