Red scar appeares on leg with burning sensation. How to remove this?

Oncologist, Surgical
sir in summer season red scar forms on my leg with burning sensation nd my leg also swell, nd when it goes it leaves darks spots like blot clots marks and due to this my leg has become ugly so please answer what shall i do ??
Posted Sat, 11 May 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 4 hours later
Dear Ma'am,

Sorry to hear about your problem. By your description is looks like you are suffering from varicose veins (dilated, tortous veins in the leg) and one of the accompanying symptoms of this problem is pigmentation and later on ulcer formation. As the day progresses, there is swelling in the legs associated with burning sensation.
The best way to diagnose this condition is to get a color doppler of the leg done (it is a sort of an ultrasound of the leg). You should also visit a surgeon and have this condition evaluated.

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.
Follow-up: Red scar appeares on leg with burning sensation. How to remove this? 9 hours later
ok sir but can u tell me from whom i can consult for this and one more thing that many a times my scalp also swell nd it pains like wound is it can be due to low blood movement in veins or arteries next thing i am anemic also many a times my rbc count remain 8-9
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear ma'am,

For the legs you should consult a surgeon. You can have swelling in the legal due to anemia as well and it can explain your symptoms of headache and tiredness as well.
To characterize the anemia you should get a peripheral smear and iron studies done and consult a physician for its treatment. In the meanwhile you should take more green leafy vegetables to build your iron stores.

Hoping for the best.