Red ring on vagina, white discharge. Did not have intercourse since months. Infection?

Question
I have a red ring on my vagina, feels like a paper cut but haven't had intercourse in 3 months, I use a trimmer to trim and wondering if its an infection? Also next to the red ring is a white flat circle but that's painless? I set a doctor appointment just want to find out now?
Also have a white discharge from my vagina, on the red ring I'm putting hydrogen peroxide just in case it's a cut from trimmer?
Posted Fri, 14 Jun 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 45 minutes later
From the description provided by you, I feel that you might be suffering with ringworm infection.
This condition can be treated easily but has chances of recurrence.

Here are some tips to help cure this condition:
1. Keep the skin clean and dry.
2. Use a antifungal Cream containing - Miconazole, Clotrimazole, Ketoconazole, Terbenifine, or Oxiconazole. These are often effective in controlling ringworm.
3. Wash and dry the area first.
4. Apply the cream, beginning just outside the area of the rash and moving toward the center. Be sure to wash and dry your hands afterward.
5. Use the cream twice a day for 7 to 10 days.

This condition usually responds to topical medications mentioned above within 4 weeks. Severe or resistant cases usually respond quickly to antifungal medicines taken orally, which may need your doctor's prescription.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Red ring on vagina, white discharge. Did not have intercourse since months. Infection? 11 minutes later
Does ringworm cause swelling?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 9 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It can cause a mild swelling and itching. If the swelling is considerable and is associated with pain then a superadded bacterial infection is likely.
A direct examination is an integral part of diagnosis. It is best to consult your gynecologist form proper prescription medicines.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.