Red rashes on scrotum. Very painful and discharge pus. Bathing in salt water. Applying acidophilus yoghurt and garlic oil. Pain is extreme. What to do?

2 weeks ago several small red rashes appeared on my scrotum. They have become VERY painful & discharge pus. I have been bathing in salt water & applying firstly Lamasil ( terbinafine HCl) & Hydrozole ( hydrocortisone + clotrimazole) without much change. Various sites & blogs suggested a fungal infection such as candida or jock itch. An altermative to the creams was suggested: acidophilus yoghurt & garlic oil, which I have tried for several days. Nothing seems to be helping & the pain is extreme. I have not changed soaps etc, only monogamous relations.
This outbreak first appeared 3 weeks after commencing a 4 week skin treatment - Efudix(fluorouracil) cream.
There also is swelling in feet & ankles, & scrotum(when sagging/stretched - this is also when it is painful, ie when sagging).
I also do usually shave my scrotum regularly - this rash appeared not long after I last shaved. The rash is two patches on the front, one at either side, just below the penis & a strip running along the bottom edge, extending a little up each side.
I am 57 yrs old, weight-70kg(155lb), height-175cm(5'9"). General health is good.
Posted Sun, 1 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic

You could be having bacterial infection of hair follicles of scrotum ( folliculitis). This infection could have been introduced by shaving.

You have a feature to upload the images of the rash at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

Folliculitis require a course of antibiotics and antibiotic cream without any steroid.
I want to know where you applied flurouracil cream and what was the indication for that ?
Waiting for the photograph.