Red rashes appeared on face after using proactiv cream. Can it be cured on its own?

Used proactiv cream on my face which i am told contains benzol peroxide now have a red pimply rash, i am working in the mines in WA hard to access doctor . Do u think this will go away by itself.
Posted Sat, 2 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kruti 15 minutes later

I will be glad to assist you.

Proactiv cream can at times cause a rash, this can result if the skin is too sensitive or in cases of dryness on the face.

I would recommend that you discontinue using it.

Also you need to apply cortisone cream over the rash twice a day for a week.

The rash will not go away on its own. It will have to be treated.

In case it doesn't subside in a week, it would be best to consult a dermatologist.

Hope my recommendations are helpful to you.

Please let me know if I can address any other concerns for you.

Follow-up: Red rashes appeared on face after using proactiv cream. Can it be cured on its own? 34 minutes later
i am working in 40 degree heat is that a problem.Can i get cortizone cream from chemist
Answered by Dr. Kruti 4 minutes later

I can understand your concern.

Cortisone cream is available over the counter. But can be used for a week only.

Since its so hot there, its the heat that may be causing a heat rash.

after a week of application of cortisone cream, you can apply calamine lotion twice a day which is also available at the chemist.