Red rashes appeared on clitoris. Taking valtrex. What is the underlying cause?

I have herpes but have not had an outbreak in over a year. I have a red raw place on the tip end of the lip of my clitoris. I started back on my Valtrex but I wanted to make sure that this is probably most likely what it is. I have never had a place break out like this.
Posted Mon, 18 Mar 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing to us on health care magic.

Can you give me more information so as to come to a right diagnosis.
1. Have you been tested for herpes? If so then when? Did you take complete treatment?
2. Have you got yourself tested for other STD?
3. How big is the sore? Is it painful? Is it single or multiple?
4. Any other symptoms like vaginal discharge?

Waiting for your reply,
Dr Nilofer
Follow-up: Red rashes appeared on clitoris. Taking valtrex. What is the underlying cause? 22 minutes later
I am 50 and I was diagnoised probably 25 years ago. Not sure if I have ever been tested for anything else. It is one place, red and raw on the tip end of the lip of my vagina. If I have an outbreak it is usually around the buttocks or inside the lip of my vagina, never on the tip end.

I thought maybe it was just raw because I bought some new jeans that really snug and also some spandex pants that I thought could be rubbing it raw.
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 7 hours later
Thanks for your reply.

History suggests it is due to local trauma and Abrasion due to friction.
It does not seem like herpes or STD.

I suggest you to wear loose cotton undergarments.
Avoid friction.
Keep the area dry. Avoid moisture.
If it is not painful, you need not worry about it. It will heal in a couple of weeks.
Maintain personal hygiene.
Take multivitamin tablets and iron if you are anemic.

Hope this helps,
Dr Nilofer