Red rashes and swelling in eye after being bitten by bug. Could this be the kissing bug?

A week ago i got bitten by a bug during night sleep. It bite me on the left corner of my left eye. It caused red rashes and swelling in eye. I searched the net and found that this bite is due to "Kissing bug" which can cause deadly "Chagas disease". I found Chagas disease is caused by a protozoan hemoflagellate, Trypanosoma cruzi. I consulted Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX MD medicine,...he said that this disease is not in day i found a bug in my house which is most probably the "kissing bug" . Please help me because i'm terribly frightened . i'm giving the link to the website :- WWW.WWWW.WW . Please reply as soon as possible.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 hour later
Thanks for writing in.
I would agree with Dr XXXXXXX that Chagas is not something you find in India. Please check this link WWW.WWWW.WW I dont think there is anything you need to be scared of. A lot of bugs and insects can sometimes inject a venom which can cause such a reaction ( like swelling and red rashes)
At this stage, the following measures will help:
a. Apply 1% hydrocortisone cream on the surrounding area. It is available as Lacticare HC. This is not to be applied on the eyes.
b. Take Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily for the itching
c. Apply calamine lotion and an ice pack.
This should give you considerable relief.

Let me know if you need any more help.
Follow-up: Red rashes and swelling in eye after being bitten by bug. Could this be the kissing bug? 49 minutes later
Thank you doctor.
i would be feeling much lighter....
thank you once again :)
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 1 minute later
Thanks for writing back. I am glad I could help you relieve your anxiety.
If you have no more questions, please close this discussion and rate the answer.