Red rash on stomach after started doing exercise, seems to be spreading

I just started jogging this week and now I have a rash on my stomach. It's bumpy and red. It started the day after I first exercised. I have exercised twice since it first started and it seems to be spreading.
Posted Fri, 8 Jun 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

As per the description provided by you, the possibilities are papular urticaria, contact dermatitis, scabies, disseminated eczema, etc.

I would request you to answer on the following parameters which will help me in narrowing down the possibilities:

-Is it aggravated while you exercise?
-Are the lesions persisting or they go away sometimes?
-Is it the first time you are having such rash?
- Do you have any history of allergy /asthma /skin disease?

Pictures of the lesion taken under bright light will be very useful. You can upload good quality pictures of the affected areas by using the "upload your reports" feature available on the right side of this page.

Meanwhile you can apply calamine lotion over affected area and use over the counter tablets such as Tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once daily for itching.

Anticipating your reply.

Dr Sudarshan