Red rash on penis after unprotected sex, tingling, no blood in urine, no burning urination. Can this be a friction rash?

Nephrologist
Question
I had unprotected oral sex with a prostitute yesterday and today I doscovered a red rash on the tip of my penis. The rash does not for the moment but I do feel a tiny tingle. It does not hurt when I pee and there is no blood in the urine. I would also feel its necessary that I had berry rough intercourse with her twice in 1 hours time. Can this be a friction rash from the condom or is there reason for being worried it may be an STD.
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later

Dd you mean you had protected oral sex ? ( as you mentioned later can this be a friction rash from the condom)

The rash on your penis does sound to me like a friction rash especially and may not related to an Sexual disease.

However it might be useful to consider consulting a physician for a local examination and going through STD panel of investigation. That will alleviate any anxiety that you may have.

For now you can apply calamine lotion over it to bring down the tingling sensation. Avoid sex until the bruise comes down as broken skin renders you more exposed to STDs and delays the healing process.

Do watch out for the following things:
1. Spreading of the rash
2. Burning micturation
3. Fever
4. Rash turning into blisters/papules
And you will need to review with your physician if these symptoms occur.

Please avoid unprotected sex in the future.

I hope I have answered your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you good health

Follow-up: Red rash on penis after unprotected sex, tingling, no blood in urine, no burning urination. Can this be a friction rash? 5 hours later
I had unprotected oral sex and protected intercourse. The intercourse was very rough and the oral sex was without condom. At the moment it's day 2 and it hasnt got worst. Just the base of the head of the penis is more read and it pages towards the meatus of the urethra. There is no itching at the moment.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later
Hello again XXXXXXX

Thank you for the follow-up.

Base of the head of the penis would have got red because of the ring of the condom. Friction from the condom also could have got you the rashes. It does not sound like an STD.

Please apply calamine lotion over it to reduce the inflammation and also bring in a soothing effect.

As I have mentioned in my previous reply please avoid sexual intercourse until you recover from this and also please visit a physician for a local examination.

I wish you good health