Red rash from neck to face. Similar to allergic reaction, not itchy. Taken Benadryl but no change

I have a red flat splotchy rash that has spread from my neck to shoulders and face. I have had a similar rash before from an allergic reaction, however, I have not done anything around anything I am allergic to, haven't eaten or drank anything new. Its not itchy but it is seeming to spread. I have taken two benadryl but don't see a change.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.

This could well be an allergic rash only.
Sometimes it occurs without any identifiable cause.

I suggest you to take tab hydroxyzine25 mg twice daily. And apply calamine lotion, 2 to 3 times daily.
Also upload a picture of your rash on the query Page so that we can be sure that we are not missing anything.

Awaiting your response