Red, raised spots below knee and top of feet. Had DPT shot. Should I worry?

Bright red raised small spots appeared below my knee and on the top of my feet i have mild flu like symptoms also i am 51 and had a dpt shot a few days ago because my grandson has tested positive for pertussus my son is immumosuppressed heart transplant taking chemo so i have to be very careful not to get sick should i worry?
Posted Tue, 18 Sep 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 12 hours later

I am glad that you took the dpt shot, it is very much essential for you to stay healthy given your present condition at home.

You already have mild flu like symptoms; this may be the probable cause for the raised bright red spots below the knee and feet.

There is no need to worry about it now. Most flu or viral fevers are accompanied by some kind if a rash or spots or bruises. It would subside in few days. Apply calamine lotion on the affected areas twice daily.

Once the flu subsides, the spots will subside as well.

I wish you quick recovery. Do let me know if you have more concerns.