Red/purple mottled, blotchy skin covering entire lower part of body after shower. Have type 2 diabetes, CHF. Any idea ?

I just got out of the shower with red/purple mottled, blotchy skin covering the entire lower part of my body. It is not itchy. I have type 2 diabetes and CHF and am on cumadin
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 33 minutes later
The red/purple blotchy skin is due to extravassation of blood under the skin.
Since you are on coumadin(warfarin)which is a blood thinner your bleeding time,clotting time will be prolonged.
Any sort of concussion,injury, or rubbing/scrubbing during shower causes damage to capillary vessels under the skin and this has resulted in the mottled blotchy skin.
Here I would suggest you to visit your Cardiologist as early as possible and if you do not get an appointment then visit a ER.
Get tested your BT/CT/PT that is bleeding time/clotting time and prothrombin time.
When you get the reports you should inform your Cardiologist so that the necessary dose adjustment of Coumadin can be done.
Hope this answer is helpful to you.
In case of any query please write back.
Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.