Ask a Urologist   »  

Red pimple under foreskin of penis, taking antibiotics for ear infection, did not have unprotected sex. Suggestions?

Question
Red pimple under the foreskin of my penis, it's itchy. I was under the medication taking antibiotic for last 8 days due to an ear infection. No unprotected or sex in last 15 days. Plz suggest
Posted Fri, 28 Sep 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 minutes later

I would like to have a look at the lesion, this way I can understand what exactly it is and opine better.

Do attach an image of it here.

Since when did you notice the lesion ?
Is it only or there are other lesions ?
Did you have any sort of injury in the mentioned area ?
Have you used any medication for the same ?

Waiting for your reply.

Follow-up: Red pimple under foreskin of penis, taking antibiotics for ear infection, did not have unprotected sex. Suggestions? 3 days later
Last three four days, itching has gone down by applying mycoderm-c powder. Redness is also gone down. It is only under the foreskin of my penis no where else. No, i did not had any injury at the mentioned area. Actually few days back, I was cleaning the head of my penis removing the foreskin. These red dots appeared after that day. The only medication I have used it mycoderm c powder. As mentioned earlier, I was under antibiotic for an ear infection. This was 5 days back. For last 5 days, I haven't taken any medicine.

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 19 hours later

Thanks for the information.

The foreskin is more prone to contact infections mainly like fungal.

The lesions you describe also make me suspicious of it being due to fungal infection supported by a fact that the itching is gone down after MYCODERM C.

Do apply MICANAZOLE cream twice daily instead of the Mycoderm.Micanazole is much potent and safe.

Do not wash the foreskin with cold or soap water, this can aggravate the reaction.Wash in XXXXXXX warm water only.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you speedy recovery.