Red patches on forearm with blisters, rashes still remain. Have health anxiety. Skin cancer?

I woke up one morning and did not notice any XXXXXXX on my arm, half way through the day I noticed two red patches on my forearm. The bigger of the two had a small bite/blister looking spot in the middle of it but it went away after two/three days. The rash/patches however still remain. They have been present for about 16 days now, no itching or any other symptoms just not very nice to look at. I have been using westcort cream for 1 day now. I have high health anxiety and always am thinking the worst such as in this case skin cancer. It kind of consumes me when ever something is not "normal" with terrible thoughts about my health when actually I am very healthy. Eat right, excerise, and do yearly routine preventitive check ups. Thank you for your time
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 14 hours later
I went through your history
The possibilities are
1. Insect bite allergy but in which case there may be mild itching and stinging
2. Localised pityriasis rosea which is atypical occurs without much symptoms.
This could be a viral infection mostly human herpes virus group
It has an epidemic and may be water or air borne contact
It is self limiting which resolves in four to six weeks time
The treatment is topical application of steroids which you have been using
Use it for two weeks and you will be ok
Your history and description does not look like malignancy or cancer
Have a healthy day
Prasad pvs