Red non itchy spots, pimples on neck, chest and stomach. What can the spots be, advise and treatment?

hello, every since i could remember iv had these red spots(non itchy), and some of the spots are bulged up( just like a shape of a pimple. if you know what i mean.) its only on the top half of my body neck,chest stomach, back.. i hope i explained it well enough for you to understand, i probably didn't! just hoping you could shed some light on what i have. thankyou for your time. ive attached a picture for a better understanding.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 12 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Before commenting on your query, I would like to know a few things..
ARe these lesions present since birth?

Have any of the lesions subsided yet? Do they come and go?

Does anyone else in the family have these?

DO you have dark spots interspersed between these pimples?

Are the bulges solid or are they soft?

Please answer these questions and then we shall proceed further...
Awaiting your response..

Follow-up: Red non itchy spots, pimples on neck, chest and stomach. What can the spots be, advise and treatment? 19 minutes later
not present at birth. in time, when growing up.

no they dont come and go they just stay.

no one in my family has them.

no i dont have dark spots between the pimples.

yes the bulges are soft.

thankyou for your time.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 9 minutes later
Thanks for replying.

I think you may be having an abortive (mild) form of neurofibromatosis (probably type 1).
That was the first thing that came to my ind when I saw the pic. Now that you have answered the questions I had, the possibility of NF is even higher.

I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist personally as well, as a direct physical examination is essential to be accurate about this diagnosis.

Your doc may also ask for a biopsy. In case he does, You should go ahead with it.

Neurofibromatosis is a genetic problem. Usually does not affect the health. But if you get any symptoms like blurring of vision, persistent headache then you must get them evaluated properly.

As for the lesions, if this actually turns out to be NF, there is no effective medical treatment. The only remedy is the individual surgical excision of the lesions. This is usually done for bigger and cosmetically ugly lesions.

I hope I have answered your questions..If you do have any further questions, please feel free to ask me..

Thanks and Regards