Red mole on side of head, pressure headache. Related?

I have a red mole on the side of my head, and went to the doctors who is referring me to a skin specialist. I now feel (but don't know if is is all in my head) that I have a pressure headache around this area
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later

A superficial mole is not likely to cause a pressure headache. You can have a mild pain killer for headache like tylenol and see if it subsides.

Moles are usually benign pigmented areas. You only need to self monitor these lesions for any change in shape, size, color, irregular margins, ulceration, pain, etc. If any of these changes do appear it means they need to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist.

Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Red mole on side of head, pressure headache. Related? 2 hours later
I have always had this red mole at the side of my head, but when I went on holiday it seemed to swell up and was a little itchy, but since I have returned everything has gone back to normal.

I went to the doctors who seemed to be a little worried and has referred me to a skin specialist (now awaiting appointment). Since this appointment is when I noticed the headache, but even I believe it is a bit of mind over matter, but a little concerned as this pressure pain does seem to be there.

I feel alot happier now I contact yourself but await you rfeedback on the above
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Doctors are worried because may be they dont know that the mole was red right from its appearance or they are suspecting some vascular malformations. Do not worry. Just wait for your scheduled appointment to know the exact cause.
Wishing you an early recovery.