Red lump on butt, sore when on sit, got slightly big, looks like a pimple. How to cure it?

Jul 2016

I have a red lump on my right butt check. I thought it was an ingrown hair but I'm not so sure any more. It has gotten slightly bigger and is now sore when on sit on that side of my butt. It's in a really hard spot for me to look at myself, but what I can see just looks like a really big pimple. Any ideas of what this is and how I can get rid of it.
Posted Wed, 22 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed sore red lump on your buttock since very recently.

Most likely it looks to be a boil or a gluteal abscess in a stage of induration.

Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medicines for a week after getting prescription from your family Physician

If persists even after this treatment you may need to get it incised and drained properly by a General Surgeon.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.