Red liquid on bottom of toilet bowl after last bowel movement, ate pomegranate seeds. Cause?

I noticed red liquid not on my stool but at the bottom of the tollet bowl after my last bowel movement. Could it be the pomegranate red seeds I ate in a salad that caused this?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 35 minutes later

Red color liquid at the bottom of the toilet bowl could be because of the pomegranate juice and not the seeds.

However, you cannot rule out blood in such cases. I recommend you to watch the few bowel movements for similar findings. If you do get them again, please visit a general surgeon for an examination.

You would also need to get the following tests done
1. Complete blood count to check if you have lost blood.
2. Stool for occult blood for evidence of blood.

I hope, I have answered your query, if you have no further follow up queries, please accept my answer.