Red itchy rashes on feet. Diagnosed with contact dermatitis. Having fever, diarrhea and pain. Scabies?

hi my two year old developed a flat rash, that is red and itchy on her feet. had alittle bit on her bottom but the rash looked different.went to seea dr told it was something irritating her feet. went back days later, dr said contact dermatitis if this cream TRIAMCINOLONE doesnt clear it its scabies. well its been 5 days and the rash on her bottom has cleared a bit but still there some, and her feet are worse and now they are causing her pain. yesterday she also threw up, 2 times. And today has a bit of diarrhea with fever. I have pictures of her foot rash, I truly dont think the vomiting and rash go together, since she had the rash for 2 weeks.., I am taking her back to the dr, but I dont think its scabies.. IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE WHAT I HAVE SEEN SCABIES TO LOOK LIKE... I just want an opinion on the rash before I go in and he diagnosis her with scabies.. without scrapping them since they dont do much at this office..(its very irritating.) Thanks
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 5 hours later

I will be glad to be of assistance.

I can understand your concern.

I had a look at the pictures and it doesn’t look like scabies.

It looks like eczema.

In scabies there is itching in between the fingers, wrists, inner side of arms, thighs, legs, axillae, buttocks, genitals and around the umbilicus. This is known as the circle of hebra.

There is increased itching at night. One can see tiny boils in these areas which have been scratched out due to the itching.

The treatment in your daughter's case would be application of petroleum jelly twice a day and a prescription strength steroid cream like mometasone furoate twice a day.

This would help in getting the eczema under control.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.