Red itchy rashes appeared on nose. No sore throat, no fever and no pain. What could it be?

I woke up yesterday morning with a red rash on the outside of one nostril. As the day progressed it spread to the other side and almost covered my nose with bumps that are itchy. I also had sore glands on the outside of my neck, both sides and under my chin. The bumps look a bit like tiny blisters but nothing has oozed out of them. Today the glands on one side and under my chin aren't sore anymore and the gland on the other side of my neck is better. My nose is definitely drying up but I'm seeing a faint red flush down both sides of my cheeks down from my nose and when I press on my cheeks I feel sore spots that are new. The only thing that is different for me is that I got a pneumonia shot one week ago. I don't have a sore throat, fever, aches, any other symptoms.
Posted Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 2 hours later
Thanks for writing up.
The condition you are suffering from can be insect bite ,contact dermatitis, impetigo etc.
Also I would like to know-
Since when you have this?
Is there pain in the lesions?
Is there any discharge fron the lesions?

Can you upload photos of the affected area?
Photos can help a lot in predicting the condition.
Upload the photographs and we can continue the discussion here.

Till then you can take tablet zyrtec for itching and apply calamine lotion over the area.
I will be available for follow up.
MD dermatologist
Follow-up: Red itchy rashes appeared on nose. No sore throat, no fever and no pain. What could it be? 1 hour later
I got it yesterday morning. Some of the bumps have clear liquid coming out. No pain in the lesions but they itch. The only pain was in the glands in my neck and now a sore spot on my left cheek. See attached pictures.
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 9 hours later
Thanks for the details and photos.

It appears to be contact dermatitis with secondary infection.
You need apply 1% hydrocortisone and antibiotic like Fusidic acid or mupirocin cream over the area alternately twice a day.
Also you can take tab.Zyrtec twice daily for itching.

It will clear up in 5-7 days.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

Follow-up: Red itchy rashes appeared on nose. No sore throat, no fever and no pain. What could it be? 6 hours later

Is the Fusidic acid or mupirocin cream something I have to get from the doctor or over the counter? Would contact dermatitis involve my glands getting swollen? Thanks again, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Fusidic acid is available over the counter without prescription.Infection on contact dermatitis can involve lymph glands.for glands you can take analgesic antiinflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and paracetamol.Also if pain persists beyond 2-3 days a course of oral antibiotic would be needed.
Hope this helps.