Red itchy patch above anus, rash on stomach and leg. What could it be from?

I have a red itchy patch above my anal area..not around it, but above. What is could that be from?
I woke up this morning with a rash on my right side of my stomach and down a portion of my leg (looks like red bumps - no blisters).
I noticed that near my anal area, not on it but just above there is a red itchy patch there.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for submitting your question.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some information and recommendations.

Regarding the rash that you are experiencing I do suspect that part of this may be due to a mild fungal infection. This can generally be treated with a generic topical cream. I would recommend that you go to your local pharmacy and obtain a small tube of clotrimazole cream. This is a generic antifungal medication which I would recommend that you applied three times daily to the affected areas on your body.

Fungal infections of the scan can occur in areas of the body which are prone to moisture and heat. For this reason I think this topical remedy may work very well for you.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert