Red itchy foreskin close to penis head. Not cured by using fungal cream. Looking for relief

Hi Doc,
I have red itchy tirritation around the foreskin close to the head of my penis but not on the head. I've not had sex in a very long time. I've tried different types of fungal creme and even my wifes monistat but it does not go away. When in the shower and hot water comes in contact it is almost as if I get releif. What could this be?
Posted Tue, 5 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 9 hours later

I will try to answer your queries till you get a satisfactory answer.

This could be due to a mixture of bacterial and candidial infection or it could be due to an allergy.

I recommend that you apply a triple combination cream which would contain:-
Clotrimazole, neosporin and cortisone.

This cream would take care of the irritation that you are facing.

You can use it for a week and see if it helps.

In case it doesn’t help, it would be best to consult a dermatologist for the same.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.