Red itchy bruise on tailbone, had hard fall on tailbone, clears using A & D cream. Cause?

A few years ago I fell hard on my tailbone and now I have skin irritation, its a red itchy raised area around the tailbone. I just wanted to know if it is related to the fall or just sensitive skin. it usually clears up if I use A&D.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 39 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.

Your question is a good one and I will work on providing you with some good information and recommendations regarding what is going on.

I can say with good confidence that the rash you are experiencing is certainly not related to your phone. The area of your body what you are talking about it's certainly sensitive. Many patients have this type a rash which comes and goes from time to time. Sometimes it is related to humidity and sometimes it is related to friction but certainly it is not related to any fall you had in the past.

I thank you again for submitting your question. I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr. Robert