Red growth on vagina

I have a piece of red flesh hanging about an inchside of my vagina. I just noticed it out of the blue this morning. What is this and what do i need to do about it?
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
What you saw hanging out of your vagina is probably the tags of your ruptured hymenal membrane. This is a harmless finding and remains like that without producing any problem.
If you are too much concerned about it or it is producing any kind of discomfort then you can get it removed surgically from your gynecologist. This is a minor outpatient procedure and can be easily performed without any complications.
Definitely I would reassure you saying that there is no major health concern with you. Do not worry.
I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.