Red growth on clitoris,growth on urethra

i have developed a red piece of meat inside my clitoris in the urethra, i was never there before, im not sure what it is, and im very worried, i'm 31 years old, 125 lbs and no history of diseases
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

Urethral lesions are usually Urethritis, Polyp and Diverticulum.

I would like to know few more things which would help me in suggesting you better:
1. Are you having any symptoms like pain, frequency, burning while urination?
2. Do you have any history of injury or fall in the recent past?

It would be difficult for me to come to a conclusion without Physical examination. It would be better if you could upload a close picture of the lesion in the right side of the query box and if you face any problems in uploading then you can also mail it to me to YYYY@YYYY with subject:ATTN:Dr Minoo Bhagia. Please do confirm the uploading or mailing of the photo by writing here as to reply you back at the earliest.

I would like to provide you with specific suggestions after knowing the details of the above mentioned questions and after going through the photos.

Awaiting your response.

Follow-up: Red growth on clitoris,growth on urethra 4 hours later
i have uploaded a photo, i had to pull my clitoris with both hands so the urethra can be viewed. No, i don't have pain while urinating or frequency, and no history of fall or injury either. However about a week ago, i have noticed a red bump on the outside right of clitoris, all the way down..i have made some reserach online and found out that many women have had the same thing and i'm intending to buy an OTC vaginal cream to put on the red bump, the size of the bump doesn't increase. I'm not familiar with the urethra, i didn't it existed until i saw that piece coming out from my clitoris, and i don't understand why it would be a leison, is the type of panty liners i wear or underwater or is it a nutrition factor as i have beem fasting Ramadan so maybe because im dehydrated during the day?

I have sent you an email with the photo attached if you're not able to view it.

Thank you
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 9 hours later
Hello ,
Welcome again ,
Thanks for the photograph
To me it looks like a urethral caruncle or paraurethral cyst.
Urethral caruncle is a benign polypoid lesion usually causing bleeding and urinary problems but can be asymptomatic also.
Paraurethral cyst develops due to blockage of skene's glans but this condition is usually seen in young girls.
Differential diagnosis of these conditions like cyst , polyp , caruncle , paraurethral leiomyoma and urethral prolapse can be made by transvaginal ultrasound and MR as well as VCUG or voiding cystourethrogram so as to easily view the structures and urethral opening.
If the lesion remains untreated there are chances of developing infection with chlamydia or E coli.
Treatment depends upon the diagnosis whether conservative or surgical.
Urologist is the best judge who will confirm the diagnosis.
Till then you can do hot sitz bath and apply antibiotic cream on it.

Wish you good health

Best wishes