Red friction burn on nose, rubbed nose, red spots. How can it be cured?

helol how can i get rid of the red friction burn on my nose ive had it for 25 years since i was 21 years old i exsesively rubed my blackheaded nose with a towel to rid me of the spots but all it done was leave a red XXXXXXX on half my nose how can i change it to the proper colour the skins texture is the same as the other parts of the skin but the colour is diferent again thanks
Posted Tue, 3 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The XXXXXXX on your nose is likely to be a pigmentation area.
Usually such marks do not need any treatment but for cosmetic purposes they can be lightened by skin bleaching products or can be removed. Speak to your Dermatologist.

Your Doctor shall have you examined physically and order a Biopsy if he/she has a doubt to rule out any serious pathology.

Once confirmed your Doctor may suggest treatment options which include,
1.) Medications
2.) LASER therapy
3.) Dermabrasion
4.) Chemical Peel.

In addition to the treatment, avoid exposure to sun to the maximum, use a sunscreen lotion when you move out in sun and use a Umbrella or a cap. Avoid sun exposure between 10am to 4pm.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.