Red, dry, irritated eyes, vision blurred. Using Visine. Is there a quick fix for this?

For the last month - month and a half, my eyes are always red, dry, irritated, and vision seems to be somewhat blurred due to matter how much sleep I get. Hard for them to focus...especially far away. I get temporary relief when I purposely close tight for a just a moment. That happens at least 20 times a day. I use Visine (advanced for red eyes and irritated dry eyes), at least 3 times a day, but it only provides TEMPORARY (6 mins) relief to the irritated dry eye problem, but not the blurred vision or red eyes problem. I have been under overwhelming stress at work for about a month now. I am a graphic designer and I'm in front of a computer at least 8 hours a day. I get 6-7 hours of sleep each night without any problem falling asleep and staying asleep. This has been my sleeping schedule for the last 3 years with no problem except for nights that I would only get 4 hours of sleep. For the last 2 weeks I have been drinking more that time period, about 5 beers 4 to 5 days a week. I've worn glasses since I was 21. I have a stigmatization in my right only. I am a black male, 32yrs of age, 6'3", with a clean medical history. No medz at all. My last visit for my eye exam for my eye glass prescription was 4 months ago, which my vision was instantly a million times better after prescription for glasses was made. I wear them all of the time as I am supposed to.
My concern is more that the dry, irritation, is my ability to see as well as 2 months ago. Is there a quick fix for this? Any help in this problem would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Sun, 29 Jul 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 7 hours later
Thanks for sending your query to us.
You seem to have a lifestyle management problem.This would require plenty of sleep,exercise and proper diet.These suggestions for you do not mean much as you have to have a quick remedy
To begin with you can have some semblance of proper rest.Along with that you can have some lubricant eye drops.They will take care of what you seem to have as computer vision syndrome.
some life style management is still possible,take care of your diet,you can also supplement it with some multi vitamines also.
It will not be a too bad an idea to cut down on alcohol intake as well.
Follow these simple rules and hopefully you will be much better off.
Please do get back to me in case of any further query.