Red dots on legs and looks like someone has poked. What could it be?

Dec 2012

hi i found a few red dots on my legs that look like someone poked me with a bright red marker a few are single and i found (1 set of 3 in a row the marks are 1/16" in diamiter and spaced 1/8" apart ) and also foud one doble spot also included a picture of a bug i found in my apartment . the bug does fly i did go atv ing in pa 3 days got verry muddy and didint wash it off for 4 hours ago also doesent ich or anything
Posted Tue, 5 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Looks like a hair follicular lesion

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

The primary lesions are sparsely distributed red macula apparently located at the base of hair shaft. This makes me conclude that it is a folliculitis probably due to a parasitic or bacterial infection. Given that it is not itchy, infection can also be ruled out. Which means allergy or dermatitis could be responsible.
I will treat with hydrocortisone or betamethasone cream twice daily until lesion disappears. If persist or aggravates, then you need to see dermatologist for further evaluation and treatment.
Also taking a close look at the lesions, I do believe that it is actually something you should not worry much about as it will clear off on its own without further medical intervention.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Follow-up: Red dots on legs and looks like someone has poked. What could it be? 16 minutes later
Thanks for your answer first why don't you feel it's it's a bite like bed bugs and are those creams available over the counter
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It is possibly insect bite too

Detailed Answer:
You are welcome.
I only looked at the lesions you presented on the picture. Yes parasitic bites are a good possibility. That is why I did mention that it might be parasitic infection or bite.
The creams can be found OTC.

Dr. Nsah