Red dots appeared on upper eyelid. No pain, itching or burning. What should I do?

I have a small yet noticeable red dot on my upper eye lid. I don't even feel it or realize its there unless someone points it out to me. No pain, itchness, burning or anything of that nature. What could it be?
Posted Sun, 10 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
I have seen the picture attached.
The small red dot on your upper eye lid could be due to-
1. Allergic rash
2. Plugged eyelid gland
3. insect bite
4. some skin rash secondary to make up use, eczema, dermatitis etc
The usual treatment for it is hot packs applied to the site. If not better with that in a few days or if there is redness to the eye and/or discharge, you should get it checked by a doctor.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Red dots appeared on upper eyelid. No pain, itching or burning. What should I do? 5 minutes later
The thing is I have tried ice packs and hot packs but nothing clears it up. I've nevet heard of insect bites or acne "hanging around" for over a year without growing or anything. There has never been any kind of discharge or feeling what so ever. I'm mostly just curious as to what could have caused it to just appear and never go away and how I can make it go away now.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If it is there for over a year then it is likely to be due to pigmentation caused by some irritation or inflammation in the area. Using a vitamin E cream might help to lighten the XXXXXXX to some extent.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.