Red crystallized object in stool. Pain in left rib cage and blood in urine. Should I be concerned?

General Surgeon
In my most recent stool I had a red crystalized object in stool. I thought perhaps something fell in toilet. It was hard kinda of like jerky. it was bright red. I thought to myself it looked like a blood cell? Is that possible? Plus right now I am suffering from pain in my kidneys. I believe I am passing stones; or stones are moving. Last week I went to the Dr. I do not have a bladder infection; but there was a trace amount of blood in my urine. This morning I woke with stabbing pain in my left rib cage. Right now both of my kidneys hurt . Pain radiating all around. I understand passing Kidney stones are painful and what to expect; but the red crystalized object in my BM is worrisome. Should I be concerned?
Posted Thu, 14 Nov 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
There is no reason for worry

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

There seems to be no reason for concern. The Red crystallized object in stool is more likely to be just undigested food matter. I wouldn't be concerned or subject you to test if you are comfortable now and have no further episodes.

I understand you are completely aware of your kidney problem; but as a part of your post, I would still like to tell you that drinking plenty of water everyday and avoiding carbonated beverages will definitely help you.

I believe I have answered your query. In case you have any other query kindly get back to me, will be privileged to to help you.

Wishing you a healthy life.

Dr Deepak
Consultant Surgeon