Red circles around eyes after waking up. What has caused this?

Hello I woke up today with red circles around both eyes from the eyelid all the way down to the bags u receive from sleeping. It's all really red and noticeable looks like I'm wearing a mask around both eyes. What has caused this and what can I do for it to heal up?
Posted Tue, 11 Sep 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 59 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Heathcare Magic!
This type of redness of sudden onset is mostly due to allergy.
The hypersensitivity can be to anything say a new fairness cream or soap or anything around under the sun that you have applied recently.
In that case you need to apply a local hydrocortisone cream thrice a day. and take tablet levocetirizine 5 mg once a day for 5 days.
If the discoloration is XXXXXXX then it may indicate a Panda's sign of head injury.
In that case you have a history of head bang against something.
It would have been better if you could load a foto.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!
Follow-up: Red circles around eyes after waking up. What has caused this? 1 hour later
So it's just an allergy that I have had cuz of the new face cleaner I have been using which is cetaphil. Yeah around my eyes is a really dark red coloration and both sides look like a panda eyes but really red I don't no how to upload a photo
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 27 minutes later
Welcome back to Heathcare Magic!
Offoh, to ye baat hai!
Now you should avoid any further application of this cleaner and note down it's content and avoid it in future as well.
You can start the treatment I have always mentioned, it will take two days to control and 5-7 days to heal.
Wish you a great health!