Red circle on stomach, ringworm, scar. What could this be?

Had red circle white center on stomach. Treated as if it were ringworm. It is almost completely healed but it is leaving scar. From what I have read ringworms don't leave scars. What else could it be. Oh I will mention that I peeled the white center off early after getting spot with tweezers.
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 15 hours later

It may be ringworm infestation as you say.

The other conditions simulating ringworm are Granuloma Annulare, Impetigo, Lupus Erythematosus, Subacute Cutaneous Lymphocytic Skin Infiltration, Pityriasis Rosea, Annular Psoriasis, Seborrheic Dermatitis, Erythrasma, Syphilis etc.

Peeling it off by you makes the lesions worse, do not attempt it.

I will be able to help you better if I could see a few pictures of the lesion. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Ringworm infestations of the skin usually heal completely with correct treatment, without leaving a scar.

Hope this helps.