Red burn like spot on each finger and inside of hand. Using latex gloves to keep it dry. What can be done ?

I woke up two days ago with what I thought was a burn on the inside of my hand which I didn't have before I went to bed. It started as the size of a dime not it is almost the size of a quarter. Also I have the same burn thing on my other hand on each finger minus the thumb just below the center of my fingerprint. There is no blistering or anything above the skin, just a red burn-like spot. Also it seems to feel better if my hands are dry so I have been using latex gloves in the shower to try and keep it dry.Thoughts?
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 4 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
It seems that you are suffering from a sort of dermatitis. Contact with an irritant substance could have led to this condition.
In case it hurts or there is some oozing, you would need oral antibiotics. Else, topical creams containing a steroid and an anti-bacterial substance like Cortisporin would be of help in controlling this condition.
Since you do not have similar lesions anywhere else on the body, there is little chance that it is some other condition.
I hope I have addressed your concerns.

Dr.Rohit Batra