Red bumpy rashes appeared all over body. No fever. What should be done?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My son has a red bumpy rash, kind of irregular shaped, all over his body. Started in his feet. His one foot , the toes are very red and a little swollen. No fever. He is 9.
Posted Thu, 27 Dec 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Red bumpy rashes on the body can be due to eczema, dermatitis- allergic, erythema multiforme, dry skin, etc. Most of the rashes are harmless and often resolve by themselves.

Some measures:
1)Apply Calamine lotion and observe for any changes.

2)Avoid using any cosmetics as lotion,creams etc.

3)Avoid overloading the child with clothes as excess heat or cold can also lead to rashes.

4)Apply Aloe vera gel on them.

If the rashes increase in size and number or are associated with any symptoms as itching,discharge or child is irritable,develops fever then consider visiting your Healthcare Provider for evaluation.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.