Ask a Urologist   »  

Red bruise appeared on the shaft of penis. Should I be worried?

Question
I have recently started to see a red area (like a bruise) on the shaft of my penis right below the rim on the head on my shaft...There is no pain after I masterbate....But while my penis is enlarging while I masturbate I feel a brief sting in the area what feels like is a bruised area (right where my thumb sits up against my penis....Soon after masturbating I shower and there remains a red sore area ( non secreting or open sore present)...This started when one day I masterbated twice in 30 minutes. This has been present for a bout two weeks...I don't feel any pain dduring the day as long as I am soft, but I start to get aroused I can feel the sting. Don't know why I did. but this is the end result...Should I be worried or just put the brakes on for a while...
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Mamun Kabir 2 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic.
Thank you for your query.

The redness on the shaft of the penis may be due to various causes.

Allergic reaction from a detergent & washing powder is one of the possibilities.The clothes cleaned by these substances, when come into contact with your body, may cause allergic irritation.

Yeast infection should be considered also. It may be transmitted from sexual contact. It may cause similar symptoms described by you. It can be treated with anti-fungal cream.

Lubricating agent used during masturbation may also cause some irritating reaction.

Sexually transmitted disease should also be considered.

It is better to see a physician to get examined and investigated for these causes.
He may prescribe a medicine depending on the cause.

Hope I have helped with your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.