Red bruise appeared between eye and bridge of nose. Should I be worried?

i woke up with a small red bruise between ny eyes on my bridge of my nose. i dint hit anything. what can this be? should i worry?
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later

Thank you for writing to us.

The sudden onset of a bruise of unknown cause should not be taken to lightly, this could be an indication of either a blood clotting problem (low platelet production or increased rate of removal of platelets from blood), a reaction to any medications you could be taking (eg. aspirin, coumadin, some pain management medication, etc.), accidental ingestion of a poisonous substance (eg. rat poison, etc.).

It is best you just visit a doctor for a blood work up, once all the results return normal, there should be absolutely nothing to worry about, and this bruise could have been caused accidentally (like scratching yourself while you were asleep, etc.).

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any more information or clarifications. I would be glad to help.

Best wishes.