Red blotches appeared on back, no pain or itching. How to remove this?

I am 32 years old, I noticed this morning little red blotches in a group around the middle of my back around spine. They do not itch or hurt. They are still there and do not know what they are. They are the size of an eraser head.
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 21 minutes later
Thanks for the query posted .
I would be pleased to answer your query .

They look like Polymorphic Light Eruption or Pityriasis Rosea.
This can occur due to viral infection or due to sun exposure .
They need to be treated with Cortisone which is available over the counter twice a day .

Thanks and Takecare
Follow-up: Red blotches appeared on back, no pain or itching. How to remove this? 48 minutes later
Ok well I have not been exposed to any sun without a shirt on since last summer. I have been sneezing alot lately. Could sinus or allergy cause this? I will try the cream.
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 days later
Thanks for the reply .
Yes Cold Sinus secondary to Viral infection can cause this Allergic skin rash .
Do try the creams.