Red blisters on penis after intercourse, chances of STD

Question
Hello doctor, i'm really scared I think I may have a yeast infection in my penis. I'm 18 years old, about 5-10 ft and about 155 pounds. my girlfriend yesterday had most of the symptoms of a yeast infection when we had sex such as burning and somehow painful during sex. we didnt think of it as much specially since it went away after a while. I did however give her oral sex a few hours after. Today at night the upper part of my penis started itching a lot and as I went to the bathroom I noticed tiny little red blisters in the head of my penis. I know it can be herpes since she got tested for it and I never slept or had anything with anybody before. I don't know much about this, should I go to an emergency hospital now or wait till the morning as i had planned? I heard that the sooner you take care of it when one sees the signs the better it is, but that's that mean i should go to an emergency room right now or wait till tomorrow morning as i had plan? because i don't have ensurance and I do not know how much it is going to cost me. Any type of information you could be give me will be helpful, thank you doctor.
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 23 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX

I understand your health concern.

Appearance of tiny red blisters on the head of penis after an unsafe sexual intercourse do suggest an STD like Herpes. The other possibilities that need to be considered are-

1.) Balanitis.

2.) Balanoposthitis.

Balanitis is the inflammation foreskin and head of the penis. It may happen due to poor hygiene or use of Harsh soaps which has not been washed. Kindly don't worry as nothing seems be serious. You can wait till tomorrow morning and there is no need to rush to ER immediately.
You should be getting yourself examined by an Urologist so that he may examine you and run few tests like,

1.) Blood Work.
2.) Urinalysis.
3.) Skin Biopsy (if necessary).

Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause. Your Doctor may prescribe antibiotics, steroids, etc.

It is easily controllable with medications and Good Personal hygiene.

Follow these lifestyle modifications:

1.) Maintain proper hygiene.
2.) Avoid sexual contact with a stranger.
3.) Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy weight.
4.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and XXXXXXX leafy vegetables.
5.) During bathing, retract the foreskin to adequately clean and dry the area.
6.) Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Hope I have answered your query, I Will be available to answer your Follow up Queries.

Wish you Good Health.

Follow-up: Red blisters on penis after intercourse, chances of STD 32 hours later
Hello doctor,

I'm sorry in the previous message I meant it "can't" be herpes because she tested for it and did not have it and she is the only sexual partner I ever had. I went to the doctor and they took an urine test and it turned out that it wasn't an infection. The doctor told me it was probably an irritation to the skin so he prescribed me a "Triamcinolone 0.1% cream" which will eventually after a week make it go away. my question was, since I am not circumsized when I put the cream on it, the foreskin always covers the head of the penis where i aplied the cream and in the directions it said not to cover areas after (such as bandit but pretty much the same thing applies). Am i making a big deal out of it? I still got the tiny little blisters but of course they can't go away after just 1 day

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
After applying the ointment you cannot help the natural covering of the area. Do not worry. Your symptoms will gradually subside in 3-5 days of regular treatment.
Wishing you an early recovery.
Regards.